Start with a base of simple syrup then add frozen strawberries and lemon extract for a refreshing frozen fruit pop to cool you off this summer.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- Bring water and sugar to boil in small saucepan on medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
- Pour syrup into blender container. Add frozen strawberries and lemon extract; cover. Blend on high speed until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds.
- Freeze 4 hours or overnight or until firm.
If using paper cups instead of popsicle molds, cover each cup in foil. Insert a wooden pop sticks through foil into each cup. Freeze as directed.
Pureed fruit mixture may also be frozen in ice cube trays. Add ice cubes to sparkling water, lemonade or iced tea for a fun fruity beverage.