These Lemon Pie Popsicles are the perfect way to have your pie in a frozen treat! Made healthier using Greek yogurt, these pie pops are full of lemon flavor from fresh lemon juice and extract and even have a shortbread crust!
- 2 cups nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt (regular yogurt may be substituted)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (you can also use a sweetener, but you’ll need less)
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick pure lemon extract
- 2-3 drops McCormick yellow food coloring
- 2-3 shortbread cookies, crushed (or use Nilla Wafers or Golden Oreos)
- Stir yogurt, lemon juice, sugar, extract, and food coloring in a medium bowl using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Scoop equal amounts of lemon mixture into paper dixie cups or popsicle molds. Mine filled 8 dixie cups about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of cookie crumbs on top of the yogurt mixture. Use a toothpick or popsicle stick to stir gently. Pack what crumbs are left on top.
- Insert sticks or colorful straws. Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. (It’s easiest to freeze the dixie cups if they’re sitting on a cookie sheet.) Remove paper or remove popsicles from molds and enjoy!