- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp very finely chopped cilantro
- 1 clove finely minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 3/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 2 avocados, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
For the Cilantro-Lime Sauce:
- In a bowl whisk together all ingredients while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- For the shrimp:
- In a medium bowl whisk together chipotle chili powder, chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper. Add shrimp and toss until evenly coated.
- Heat olive oil in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until opaque and cooked through, tossing once halfway through cooking, about 3 – 4 minutes.
To assemble tacos:
- Layer cabbage, shrimp, avocados and Cotija over taco shells. Drizzle with Cilantro-Lime Sauce.
Source: Cooking Classy