- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound thick-cut boneless chicken breasts (2 or 3)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
Prep Time: 20 mins | Ready In: 50 mins | Servings: 2
- Whisk together egg, milk, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl, transfer breadcrumbs into a shallow bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast into egg mixture, then coat thoroughly with breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet and fry chicken breasts for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until breading is golden brown and crisp.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a baking dish, cover each with tomato sauce and mozzarella and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven and preheat the broiler on high.
- Return dish to oven and broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly. Serve immediately.
960 Calories | 51g Total Fat | 21g Saturated Fat | 345mg Cholesterol | 2370mg Sodium | 1530mg Potassium | 39g Carbohydrate | 4g Dietary Fiber | 12g Sugars | 84g Protein
Recipe Source: Yummly/Food Republic