- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and chopped
- 11 ounces Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pint chicken stock, keep hot
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Prep Time: 15 mins | Ready In: 40 mins | Servings: 2
- Melt the butter and mix with the oil in a large pan.
- Add the onions and sweat gently for 3 minutes or until soft. Do not let them brown.
- Add the garlic.
- Stir in the rice. Continue stirring for about 2 minutes to ensure that all the rice is coated.
- Add the white wine, a few ounces at a time, stirring constantly until the liquid is completely absorbed.
- Add the hot stock a ladleful at a time, stirring gently the entire time.
- Make sure each ladleful is mostly absorbed before adding the next.
- Constantly stir until the rice is just cooked, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the Parmesan, and serve.
1050 Calories | 35g Total Fat | 16g Saturated Fat | 70mg Cholesterol | 440mg Sodium | 560mg Potassium | 143g Carbohydrate | 6g Dietary Fiber | 8g Sugars | 21g Protein
Recipe Source: Yummly/Food Republic