- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large green chilli (Serranos work great), finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped, plus more to garnish
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- salt, to taste
Prep Time: 15 mins | Ready In: 30 mins | Servings: 4
- Heat the butter in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Fry onions until browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic, chilli and cumin and fry for a minute until fragrant, then add tomatoes and fry until most of the moisture has cooked off. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in cilantro, then pour beaten eggs into the pan and stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Cook slowly, stirring frequently, until eggs are soft but set, and season with salt.
- Serve immediately over buttered toast, and garnish with more cilantro.
280 Calories | 22g Total Fat | 10g Saturated Fat | 455mg Cholesterol | 420mg Sodium | 380mg Potassium | 7g Carbohydrate | 1g Dietary Fiber | 5g Sugars | 14g Protein
Recipe Source: Yummly/Food Republic