- 6 medium apples, cores and bottoms left intact
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Prep Time: 20 mins + resting| Ready In: 45 mins | Servings: 6
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Place the cored apples snuggly in a shallow baking dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, cinnamon, cardamom and salt. Using the back of a spoon, mash the mixture together until well combined.
- Fill each hallowed apple core with 1 tablespoon of the seasoned butter, packing it down. Bake on the center rack for 40 to 45 minutes until the apples are soft and easily pierced with a knife. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
210 Calories | 12g Total Fat | 7g Saturated Fat | 30mg Cholesterol | 55mg Sodium | 230mg Potassium | 28g Carbohydrate | 5g Dietary Fiber | 18g Sugars | 0g Protein
Recipe Source: Yummly/Food Republic