- 2 boneless duck breasts, trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon duck fat
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, lightly crushed
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cut into thick wedges
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, for garnish
Prep Time: 15 mins | Ready In: 45 mins | Servings: 4
- Prick the skin of the duck breasts all over, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the duck fat in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle the caraway seeds over the bottom of the skillet.
- Place the duck breasts skin side down in the middle of the skillet. Arrange the apples in a single layer around the duck. Sprinkle the apples with the sugar.
- Cook the breasts without moving them until the skin is deep golden brown and crisp, 18–20 minutes. Use a fork to turn the apples as they cook so they brown on all sides. Turn the breasts over and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the duck breasts to a plate and let them rest for 5–10 minutes. While the duck breasts rest, continue to gently cook the apples until they are tender and golden brown all over.
- To serve, slice the duck breasts and arrange on a platter with the apples. Garnish with rosemary.
1620 Calories | 152g Total Fat | 51g Saturated Fat | 295mg Cholesterol | 440mg Sodium | 900mg Potassium | 14g Carbohydrate | 2g Dietary Fiber | 10g Sugars | 42g Protein
Recipe Source: Yummly/Food Republic