- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Medium Jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 Medium Zucchini, cut into small dice
- 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Corn Kernels
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Cayenne
- 4 Plum Tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 Cups Cooked or Canned Red Kidney or Pink Beans, rinsed and drained
- (1) 6 oz. Can Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock
- ¼ Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Plain Yogurt and Shredded Cheddar for garnish
Prep Time: 20 mins | Ready In: 35 mins | Servings: 6-8
- In a large heavy pot, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the chopped yellow onion, chopped bell pepper, 2 cloves of minced garlic and minced jalapeño pepper. Stir and cook for about 3 minutes, until the vegetables are soft. Add the diced zucchini and 1 cup of corn. Cook until soft and the vegetables start to brown around the edges.
- Add 2 tablespoons of chili powder, 1 tablespoon of cumin, 1 teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of cayenne. Stir well. Add 4 chopped plum tomatoes and ¼ cup of chopped cilantro. Stir well. Add 3 cups of beans, 1 can of tomato paste and 1 cup of vegetable stock. Stir well and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Ladle chili into bowl and top with spoonful of yogurt and shredded cheddar.