- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- zest of one lemon
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Maldon sea salt
Prep Time: 20 mins plus refrigeration | Ready In: 10 mins | Servings: 1 dozen
- In a mixing bowl, put together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar and salt. Zest lemon directly on top tapping the microplane, so all the essentials oils get in the bowl. Mix at medium speed for 4 minutes until incorporated.
- In the meantime, put together vanilla and egg. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, leaveners and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Stir together remaining 1/4 cup sugar with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Wrap and refrigerate dough for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 380F.
- Scoop dough into 2” balls, pressing down gently to shape.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon sugar and a pinch of Maldon salt on top.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes until cookies puff up.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving.
380 Calories | 17g Total Fat | 9g Saturated Fat | 65mg Cholesterol | 680mg Sodium | 150mg Potassium | 53g Carbohydrate | 2g Dietary Fiber | 29g Sugars | 4g Protein
Recipe Source: Yummly/Food Republic