- 8 ounces (1 ball) smoked mozzarella, thickly sliced
- 2 medium ripe beefsteak tomatoes (or 4-6 on the vine), thickly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- smoked sea salt
- crusty Italian bread, for serving
Prep Time: 15 mins | Ready In: 5 mins | Servings: 4
- Remove largest basil leaves at the base of the stem.
- Rinse basil leaves and gently pat dry with a paper towel.
- Arrange ingredients on a serving platter in the following order: 1 slice smoked mozzarella, 1-2 basil leaves and 1-2 slice tomato (depending on size).
- Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Drizzle generously with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle with smoked sea salt and serve at room temperature with crusty Italian bread.
250 Calories | 18g Total Fat | 8g Saturated Fat | 45mg Cholesterol | 620mg Sodium | 75mg Potassium | 8g Carbohydrate | 0g Dietary Fiber | Less than 1g Sugar | 14g Protein
Recipe Source: Yummly/Food Republic