- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 white onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 pound mozzarella, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Prep Time: 25 mins | Ready In: 10 mins | Servings: 4
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onions, garlic, parsley, egg, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs (don’t overmix or they’ll be rock-solid).
- Divide mixture into 8 balls.
- Semi-flatten each ball, add a cube of mozzarella to the center and sculpt the meat mixture around it to form a seal.
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy pan and fry meatballs on each side (we know they’re balls, find sides) for 3-5 minutes, or until browned.
- Serve while piping hot for best cheese effect.
500 Calories | 35g Total Fat | 15g Saturated Fat | 175mg Cholesterol | 700mg Sodium | 440mg Potassium | 9g Carbohydrate | Less than 1g Dietary Fiber | 2g Sugars | 37g Protein
Recipe Source: Yummly/Food Republic