- 8 ounces guanciale, diced
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano, freshly grated
Prep Time: 10 mins | Ready In: 20 mins | Servings: 4
- In a large pan, fry the guanciale over medium-high heat until rendered and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs and pecorino together in a small bowl with a fork and set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti to al dente, then drain, return to pot, toss with guanciale and rendered fat over low heat and immediately transfer to shallow bowls.
- Pour egg/cheese mixture over each of the four bowls, add black pepper to taste and quickly mix with a fork to slightly cook the eggs with the hot pasta. The result should be creamy, not dry.
- Serve immediately.
900 Calories | 43g Total Fat | 18g Saturated Fat | 100mg Cholesterol | 1160mg Sodium | 420mg Potassium | 88g Carbohydrate | 3g Dietary Fiber | 4g Sugars | 40g Protein
Recipe Source: Yummly/Food Republic