- 4 cups diced peeled and seeded butternut squash
- ¾ cup diced red onion
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 halves Maple-Rosemary Roasted Pears (see Stemilt Bruschetta recipe)
- 32 ounces broth (chicken or vegetable… I used Imagine’s No-Chicken Broth)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place squash and onion on a large sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine, then spread out into one layer on sheet pan. Roast in oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cool. Place squash-onion mixture and pear halves into food processor fitted with blade and add broth, just to cover. Process until smooth, then transfer to stock pot. Add remainder of broth and mix through; season with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer soup gently for about 15 minutes and serve.