Prep Time: 15 min. | Makes: 4 servings
What You Need:
- 4 OSCAR MAYER Selects Uncured Angus Beef Franks
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled jicama
- 1 large plum tomato, seeded, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. lime juice
- 1/2 cup tightly packed shredded lettuce
- HEAT grill to medium heat.
- GRILL franks 7 min. or until heated through, turning occasionally and adding buns, cut sides down, to grill for the last few minutes.
- MEANWHILE, combine jicama, tomatoes, onions and peppers in medium bowl. Mix mayo, chili powder and lime juice until blended. Add to jicama mixture; mix lightly.
- FILL buns with franks, lettuce and jicama mixture.
For less heat, seed the jalapeño pepper before chopping. Or for more heat, prepare using OSCAR MAYER Jalapeño Dogs.
Make it Easy:
Instead of using an outdoor grill, use a stove-top grill pan or panini grill to cook the franks and toast the buns.
Omit buns and substitute 4 large lettuce leaves for the shredded lettuce. Top each lettuce leaf with grilled frank and jicama slaw; roll up.
Jicama has a creamy white flesh, crisp texture and sweet flavor similar to that of an apple.