- (6) 1 Oz. Squares Semi-Sweet Chocolate (good quality), chopped
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Cocoa
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Fresh Raspberries or Strawberries for topping
To Make Glaze:
- (2) 1 Oz. Squares Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- 1½ Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1½ Teaspoon Milk
- 1½ Teaspoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Seedless Raspberry Preserve
- 1/8 Teaspoon Vanilla
Prep Time: 20 mins | Ready In: 45 mins | Servings: 8-10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9 inch baking pan by lining the bottom with parchment paper. Spray evenly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt 6 ounces of chopped chocolate and butter in a heavy saucepan over medium low heat. Stir until chocolate and butter are melted and smooth. Add ¾ cups of sugar and ¼ teaspoon of salt and reduce heat to low. Cook while stirring for about one minute, until sugar starts to dissolve.
- Remove pan from heat. Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Add 1 tsp. vanilla and stir. Mixture will look smooth and glossy.
- Using a mesh colander to prevent lumps, sift ½ cup of cocoa into mixture. Whisk until the cake batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes. The center of the cake should be firm to the touch. Be careful not to over-bake or the cake will be dry. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Invert the cake onto a plate.
- To prepare the glaze, melt 2 ounces of chopped chocolate and 1½ tablespoons of unsalted butter in a small pan and stir until melted and smooth. Remove pan from heat.
- Add 1½ teaspoons of milk, 1½ teaspoons of honey, 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla and 1 tablespoon of raspberry preserve. Whisk until smooth and glossy.
- Let the glaze cool for 3 minutes before pouring it on the cake. Pour all of the glaze in the middle of the cake. Spread evenly over the cake with a rubber spatula, allowing the glaze to run down the sides of the cake.
- Top the cake off with fresh raspberries or strawberries. You can also sprinkle confectioners’ sugar.