- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 3/4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely grated
- 2/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups stout beer
- cream or ice cream, to serve
Prep Time: 30 mins | Ready In: 45 min | Servings: 6
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease six 1 cup ovenproof ramekins. Sift the flour, caster sugar and half of the cocoa powder together into a medium-sized bowl. Add the milk, melted butter and egg and mix well. Add the chocolate and stir to combine. Spoon the batter into the prepared ramekins.
- Combine the remaining cocoa powder with the brown sugar and sprinkle over the top of the puddings. Combine the stout and 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Pour over the pudding batter.
- Place the ramekins in a baking tray and pour enough boiling water into the tray to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes, or until risen and firm to the touch. Serve hot with cream or ice cream.
240 Calories | 12g Total Fat | 7g Saturated Fat | 55mg Cholesterol | 300mg Sodium | 220mg Potassium | 27g Carbohydrate | 3g Dietary Fiber | 5g Sugars | 6g Protein
Recipe Source: Yummly/Food Republic