- 3½ Cups Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- ¼ Cup Cake Meal
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Egg White
- 3 oz. Bittersweet Chocolate
- 3 oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
Prep Time: 20 mins | Ready In: 50 mins | Servings: Makes 25-30 macaroons
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the 3½ cups of coconut, ¼ cup of cake meal and ¾ cup of sugar in a bowl. Add 2 large eggs and 1 egg white. Mix with a wooden spoon until well blended
- Gently shape about 2 teaspoons of the dough into small round balls. Set on baking sheet leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Macaroons should be a golden color. Let cool.
- In a microwaveable dish, add pieces of bittersweet chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Put in the microwave for 1 minute. If the chocolate is not fully melted yet, continue to put it in the microwave for 1 minute increments, stirring in between and rotating the bowl if necessary. The chocolate should be smooth and shiny and completely melted. Let chocolate cool slightly.
- Holding the macaroon with two fingers, dip the bottom in the chocolate or with a spoon, cover the entire macaroon with chocolate. Place onto wax paper to set.