Breakfast is one of the most underrated meals of the day. The word “breakfast” literally means to “break one’s fast.” After a 10-12 hour fast our bodies need the fuel to maintain vital functions and our brains need the fuel to think clearly. Many people who skip breakfast are starved by mid-morning and end up overeating throughout the day.
Check out 8 reasons to eat breakfast every morning:
- Studies show that people who eat breakfast are more successful at losing weight and sticking to a diet.
- Athletes who skip breakfast train less effectively.
- Eating breakfast can raise metabolism by as much as 10 percent.
- Adults who skip breakfast are less mentally and physically efficient for longer periods during the day.
- It is extremely difficult to get all of your necessary daily nutrients without breakfast.
- Eating breakfast has been shown to increase concentration.
- Eating a bigger meal in the morning and a smaller meal at night optimizes your daily energy levels.
- Breakfast restores sugar levels after up to 12 hours of not eating.
Try this no fuss breakfast. Overnight oats are ideal for those who are “on-the-go” and need to grab something quick as they run out the door!
Blueberry & Honey Overnight Oats
Makes: 1 Serving
Prep: 5 minutes
- 1/2 Cup Quaker® Oats
- 1/2 Cup Low-fat milk
- 1/4 Cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Add Quaker Oats to your container of choice, pour in milk, and add in blueberries and Greek yogurt.
- Sweeten by topping with honey before refrigerating.
- Rise, shine, and enjoy!