By: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA
Summer is a time for pool parties, barbecues, and delicious in season produce.
Celebrate summer with sweet and savory pairings to light up your palate! Focus on fresh, local produce to reap the benefits of flavor and nutrition.
The grill isn’t just for meats. Don’t forget to grill your favorite summer fruits as well! Fruits that grill well include peaches, nectarines, pineapple, mango & tomatoes!
Chicken is an ideal protein for the grill, it’s a rich source of lean protein that most people enjoy and is so easy to prepare. Grill it up alongside fresh, local peaches!
Peaches are rich in fiber, vitamins, and mineral. They also contain beneficial plant compounds like antioxidants, which can help protect your body form aging and disease.
Sweet & Savory Grilled Chicken with Peaches
Prep: 5 minutes
Marinate: 1 hour or overnight
Grill: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
- 1 ½ pound skinless boneless chicken breast
- ½ jar store bought pesto (about 4 ounces)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 lemon
- 2 Fresh Peaches
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place chicken breasts into a zip locked food storage bag. Pour pesto into bag, squeeze one lemon into bag and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Refrigerate for one hour or up to overnight.
- Meanwhile, cut peaches in half and remove pit. Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from zip locked, sprinkle with a bit more salt. Grill chicken until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, about 10 minutes.
- Brush peaches with olive oil and grill for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove chicken & peaches from grill and serve with extra pesto if desired.
Recipe by: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA