By: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA
Springtime is a season of renewal! As you begin to feel more energized, you may even start to crave different foods. This time of year, start to change your diet a bit and really focus on fresh foods. Use the next few months as an opportunity to try new fruits and vegetables and incorporate more of these fresh foods into your daily diet.
Let’s take a look at some delicious ideas for Smart Springtime Snacking!
- Baby carrots with hummus
- Low fat Greek yogurt topped with walnuts
- Banana and peanut butter
- Rice cake topped with hard boiled egg
- Spicy almonds
- 1/2 pear with slice of cheese
- Asparagus spears wrapped with low sodium ham
- 1/2 bagel topped with ricotta and sliced strawberries
- Avocado-Salsa boats (1/2 avocado topped with salsa)
- Avocado tuna salad with whole grain crackers (instead of mayo, use mashed avocado to bring the tuna together)
- Spicy Guacamole with carrots stick and celery
- Apple slices topped with almond butter & raisins
Turkey Avocado-Veggie Wraps (gluten-free)
- 4 ounces sliced all natural turkey breast, about 8 slices
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 4 large lettuce leaves such as bib lettuce
- Lay 2 slices each (one on top of another) of turkey on a flat surface.
- Place one lettuce leaf, followed by sliced avocado and shredded carrot.
- Carefully roll the turkey from the longest edge and secure with a toothpick.
Travel tip: If you’re taking this in your lunch bag, wrap in plastic wrap to keep turkey roll together.