When it comes to game day, dips are a must! Not only are they delicious, but they’re easy to make, easy to clean, and offer so many ways to appeal to every kind of fan, from the meat-lover to the vegetarian. Here are some of our favorite easy-to-make game day dip recipes, designed to appeal to supporters of every team. Shop online (available at selection Foodtown locations) or visit the nearest Foodtown grocery store to shop for everything you’ll need.
Game Day Dips Made with Affordable Grocery Store Products
For Vegetarians – Buffalo Chickpea Dip
Appeal to everybody at your game day bash, while pleasing the vegetarians! This healthy dip features protein-packed hummus and a touch of fresh parsley.
- 8 Ounce Container of Plain Hummus
- ½ Cup of Hot Sauce
- 1 Clove Minced Garlic
- 1-2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley
- ¼ Cup of Shredded Mozzarella (eliminate or opt for vegan cheese for vegan football fans)
- 1 14 Ounce can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients (except chickpeas) to a food processor and blend until smooth. Add chickpeas and pulse until mixture is chunky.
- Pour dip into a baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Top with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and serve with tortilla chips or vegetables.
For Cheese Heads – Cheesy Bean Dip
Though Wisconsin’s Green Bay Packer’s didn’t make it to this year’s big game, all fans will love this cheesy dip!
- 8 Ounce Block of Cream Cheese, softened
- 16 Ounce Can of Refried Beans
- ½ Cup of Salsa
- 2 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 Cups Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine cream cheese, beans, salsa, chili powder, and 1 ½ cup of cheese in a microwavable bowl.
- Pour mixture into an 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and return to the oven for five more minutes.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
For Meat Lovers – Bacon Cheeseburger Crock Pot Dip
This simple and hearty crockpot dip is easy to make in advance, meaning you can spend more time cheering on your team!
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef or Turkey
- 8 Ounce Package of Cream Cheese, cubed
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 10 Ounce Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 6 Ounce Package of Real Bacon Bits
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- Brown ground meat in a skillet and drain excess juices.
- Over low heat, stir in both cheeses, tomatoes along with their juices, and bacon bits (save 2-tbsp for garnishing).
- Stir frequently while cooking until everything is heated through and blended.
- Pour mixture into a 2-quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parsley and sprinkle with remaining bacon bits.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips or chunks of toasted bread.
For Health Nuts – Skinny Taco Dip
Every football party has a health nut! Satisfy their cravings with this classic seven-layer dip, all while providing them with the energy they need to hoot and howl at the screen.
- 8 Ounces Light Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 1 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Shredded Lettuce
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Roma Tomato, diced
- 1 Small Avocado, diced
- 2 Green Onions, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Sliced Olives
- Combine softened cream cheese, greek yogurt, salsa, and taco seasoning until smooth and well combined.
- Spread mixture into a rectangle baking dish or pie plate. Refrigerate for one hour to let flavors combine.
- Top with remaining ingredients in layers.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
For the Sweet Tooth – Football Cookies and Cream Dip
It’s not a party without dessert. Satisfy your sweet tooth with this simple, indulgent dip. No fan—even those of the losing team—will go home unhappy.
- 8 Ounce of Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- ½ Cup Butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 16 Oreo Cookies
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- Combine cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Set aside 3 tablespoons of this mixture for later. (for the laces)
- Crush 12 Oreos and combine into the cream mixture.
- Place the mixture onto a sheet of wax paper and form into a football shape (use non-stick cooking spray to help keep the mixture from sticking to your hands).
- Remove the white middle filling of the remaining 4 Oreos and discard.
- Crush the Oreo cookies and combine the crumbs with the cocoa powder in a small bowl.
- Use this crumb mixture to coat the top and sides of the football. Then remove the excess crumbs.
- Use the set-aside cream cheese mixture to pipe the laces onto the top of the football.
- Serve immediately with wafer cookies or pretzels or refrigerate up to 2 days in advance.
Extra: For a grassy display, place 1 cup of shredded coconut and 3 drops of green food dye into a plastic bag, shaking to coat. Place the coconut around the football on your serving tray.
Get Game Day Ready with Foodtown Supermarkets
Don’t spend a fortune on this year’s big football party—you can find everything you need for these delicious game day dips by shopping the affordable ingredients of Foodtown supermarkets!
Save on your game day shopping list by taking advantage of our weekly supermarket circular and digital coupons app. Browse our online aisles for in-store pick-up or home grocery delivery (at select locations) or shop the Foodtown grocery store nearest you.