When it comes to game day, dips are a must! Not only are they delicious, but they’re easy to make, easy to clean, and offer so many ways to appeal to every kind of fan, from the meat-lover to the vegetarian. Here are some of our favorite easy-to-make game day dip recipes, designed to appeal to supporters of every team.
Game Day Dips Made with Affordable Grocery Store Products
For Vegetarians – Buffalo Chickpea Dip
Appeal to everybody at your game day bash, while pleasing the vegetarians! This healthy dip features protein-packed hummus and a touch of fresh parsley.
- 8 Ounce Container of Plain Hummus
- ½ Cup of Hot Sauce
- 1 Clove Minced Garlic
- 1-2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley
- ¼ Cup of Shredded Mozzarella (eliminate or opt for vegan cheese for vegan football fans)
- 1 14 Ounce can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients (except chickpeas) to a food processor and blend until smooth. Add chickpeas and pulse until mixture is chunky.
- Pour dip into a baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Top with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and serve with tortilla chips or vegetables.
For Cheese Heads – Cheesy Bean Dip
All fans will love this cheesy dip!
- 8 Ounce Block of Cream Cheese, softened
- 16 Ounce Can of Refried Beans
- ½ Cup of Salsa
- 2 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 Cups Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine cream cheese, beans, salsa, chili powder, and 1 ½ cup of cheese in a microwavable bowl.
- Pour mixture into an 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and return to the oven for five more minutes.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
For Meat Lovers – Bacon Cheeseburger Crock Pot Dip
This simple and hearty crockpot dip is easy to make in advance, meaning you can spend more time cheering on your team!
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef or Turkey
- 8 Ounce Package of Cream Cheese, cubed
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 10 Ounce Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 6 Ounce Package of Real Bacon Bits
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- Brown ground meat in a skillet and drain excess juices.
- Over low heat, stir in both cheeses, tomatoes along with their juices, and bacon bits (save 2-tbsp for garnishing).
- Stir frequently while cooking until everything is heated through and blended.
- Pour mixture into a 2-quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parsley and sprinkle with remaining bacon bits.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips or chunks of toasted bread.
For Health Nuts – Skinny Taco Dip
Every football party has a health nut! Satisfy their cravings with this classic seven-layer dip, all while providing them with the energy they need to hoot and howl at the screen.
- 8 Ounces Light Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 1 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Shredded Lettuce
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Roma Tomato, diced
- 1 Small Avocado, diced
- 2 Green Onions, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Sliced Olives
- Combine softened cream cheese, greek yogurt, salsa, and taco seasoning until smooth and well combined.
- Spread mixture into a rectangle baking dish or pie plate. Refrigerate for one hour to let flavors combine.
- Top with remaining ingredients in layers.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
For the Sweet Tooth – Football Cookies and Cream Dip
It’s not a party without dessert. Satisfy your sweet tooth with this simple, indulgent dip. No fan—even those of the losing team—will go home unhappy.
- 8 Ounce of Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- ½ Cup Butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 16 Oreo Cookies
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- Combine cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Set aside 3 tablespoons of this mixture for later. (for the laces)
- Crush 12 Oreos and combine into the cream mixture.
- Place the mixture onto a sheet of wax paper and form into a football shape (use non-stick cooking spray to help keep the mixture from sticking to your hands).
- Remove the white middle filling of the remaining 4 Oreos and discard.
- Crush the Oreo cookies and combine the crumbs with the cocoa powder in a small bowl.
- Use this crumb mixture to coat the top and sides of the football. Then remove the excess crumbs.
- Use the set-aside cream cheese mixture to pipe the laces onto the top of the football.
- Serve immediately with wafer cookies or pretzels or refrigerate up to 2 days in advance.
Extra: For a grassy display, place 1 cup of shredded coconut and 3 drops of green food dye into a plastic bag, shaking to coat. Place the coconut around the football on your serving tray.
Get Game Day Ready with Foodtown Supermarkets
Don’t spend a fortune on this year’s big football party—you can find everything you need for these delicious game day dips by shopping the affordable ingredients of Foodtown supermarkets!