By: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA
If you’re like me, you look forward to The Big Game for all the festive food and fun. Even if this year is a little quieter than normal, you can still whip up some healthy and tasty festive bites!
Hummus is a staple at any event, but rather than using it exclusively as a dip, use it as a healthy spread for flat bread pizzas!
Hummus is made with ground chickpeas and tahini (ground sesame seeds). Chickpeas are legumes rich in fiber and protein so you’ll have a filling snack any time!
Ready to serve store bought dips like Sabra hummus and guacamole make entertaining so much easier! Now let’s get to our tasty flatbreads!
Tomato-Hummus Flatbread Pizza
Prep: 5 minutes
Bake: 8 to 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 Naan bread or other flatbread
- ¼ cup Sabra® Original Hummus
- 1 tablespoon store bought pesto
- ½ cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella balls, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread hummus over flatbread. Toss tomatoes with pesto, layer evenly over hummus followed by fresh mozzarella.
- Place in oven directly on oven rack for about 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let cool for 3 to 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Nutrition Information: 189 Calories; 18.5g carbohydrate; 9.5g fat; 7g protein; 350mg Sodium; 1g fiber
Recipe by: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA