It’s Hollywood’s biggest night, why should your viewing party be any less extravagant? With these simple Oscar party appetizers, you’ll be ready for the most elegant night of the year in no time at all. Plus, Foodtown grocery stores offer everything you need to make your Academy Awards viewing party a success, leaving you with more time to cheer on your favorite film, actor, or actress.
Prosciutto-Wrapped Pears with Maple Syrup and Cracked Peppercorns
Strike the perfect balance between sweet and savory with this fancy appetizer idea. The roasted pear will melt in your mouth while thinly sliced prosciutto provides a salty bite. Add a drizzle of maple syrup over the top and you’ve got a surefire Oscar winner!
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Cracked Black Peppercorns
- 12 Slices (6 ounces) Prosciutto, halved lengthwise
- 2 Bartlett Pears–halved, cored, and each half cut into 6 equal slices (24 slices total)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk maple syrup and 1½ tablespoons of the black pepper. Add the slices of pear and toss to coat evenly.
- Remove pear slices from the maple syrup mixture and wrap each in one slice of prosciutto. Place the prosciutto-wrapped pears on a parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining ½ tablespoon black pepper.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the prosciutto is crisp and begins to brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.
Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
We nominate this recipe as the best-dressed of the evening. Delicate and salty potato chips become red carpet-ready when adorned in mouthwatering chocolate. Your Oscar party guests will have trouble stopping at just one!
- 1½ Cups Milk, Dark, or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 15.25 Ounce Bag Ridge-Cut Potato Chips
- Create a double boiler for melting chocolate by placing a heat-safe bowl over top of a pot of simmering water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Place chocolate chips in the bowl and stir until melted and smooth.
- Once chocolate is fully melted, dip each chip so that it is about ½ covered in chocolate. Shake off any excess chocolate and place eat chip onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Allow chocolate covered chips to dry completely until chocolate is firm.
- Serve in a bowl or on platter or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Aioli
Brussels sprouts and aioli are a classic combination, and this fabulous recipe will keep your guests coming back for more. Be sure to include toothpicks so that your guests can stay mess-free while indulging with their pinkies up!
- 20 Brussels Sprouts, cut into wedges
- Canola Oil (to coat)
- Salt & Pepper
- 6 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoons Flat Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F, drizzle brussels sprouts with oil and place on a baking sheet in one layer.
- Crack fresh salt & pepper to taste and mix the brussels sprouts on the pan to ensure they are all coated.
- Roast for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While roasting, make the aioli by mixing together the mayonnaise, garlic, parsley, and lemon juice.
- Scoop aioli into a small bowl or ramekin and serve alongside the roasted brussels sprouts.
Mini Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizer Bites with Lemon Dill Cream Cheese
Smoked salmon is incredibly glamorous, and this elegant appetizer will have even the toughest critics raving. Despite its stunning appearance, this recipe is remarkably easy to put together and doesn’t require any cooking!
- 3 Mini Cucumbers, sliced
- 5 Ounces Cold Smoked Salmon
- Fresh Dill, to garnish
- Fresh Cracked Pepper, to garnish
- ¾ Cup Cream Cheese (avoid using light cream cheese for textural purposes)
- 2 Tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill, minced
- 1 Small Garlic Clove, finely minced
- A Pinch of Sea Salt
- Add cream cheese, yogurt, lemon zest and juice, minced dill, garlic, and the pinch of sea salt to a medium sized bowl. Whip together with an electric beater. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag fitted with a star attachment, or use a small re-sealable plastic bag and cut off the tip.
- Lay the cucumber slices flat on a serving tray. Fold small strips of smoked salmon and lay them on top of the slices. Pipe the cream cheese mixture on top of the salmon and garnish with a small sprig of fresh dill.
- Crack some fresh black pepper over top and enjoy!
Get Red-Carpet Ready at Foodtown Grocery Stores
Dine like the stars and ensure that your soiree is just as swanky as the real thing by whipping up these simple and affordable Oscar party appetizers. With the low prices of Foodtown, plus ongoing digital coupons and promotions, you can host a glamorous Academy Awards party without spending Blockbuster prices.
Before visiting your local Foodtown supermarket, be sure to sign up for our weekly circular and digital coupons to ensure that your upscale event meets your family-friendly budget! We can’t wait to help you host a memorable evening.