By: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA
One of my favorite aspects of summer is the simplicity of summer meals. I tend to gravitate towards meals that are easy to prepare while incorporating the freshness of seasonal ingredients. Enjoy less cooking and more fun with your family by incorporating easy ingredients.
- A Rotisserie Chicken is a turn-key meal in itself, make it fun by creating tacos, salads and sandwiches for a light summer meal.
- Incorporate seasonal fruits and vegetables like tomatoes, zucchini and berries.
- Don’t forget to Jazz up cold drinks with frozen grapes, berries & fruit juice ice cubes.
Easy Rotisserie Chicken Tacos
Prep: 10 minutes
Makes: 12 Tacos
- 1 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, (skinless)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jar salsa
- ½ cup jarred Jalapeno peppers (optional)
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, spray with cooking spray and add shredded chicken and taco seasoning. Stir well.
- Add in chicken broth and cook for about 2 to 4 minutes until warmed through.
- Assemble tacos; fill each taco with chicken, chopped avocado, red onion, salsa and jalapenos if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA. Image: picmonkey.com