Overnight our bodies fast, that’s why it’s important to have a nutritious breakfast to help provide the energy to get you started in the morning.
Fuel your tank: Skipping breakfast can backfire, leaving you feeling run down.
Be a breakfast-eater: Adults and kids who make time for breakfast tend to get more nutrients in their diets.
It’s as easy as a bowl of cereal: A bowl of whole grain cereal and milk gives your body nutrients you might otherwise miss including, the four many people don’t get enough of…Fiber, Calcium, Vitamin D and Potassium.
Rebuild with Protein. Recharge with whole grains. Refuel with breakfast!
Why cereal and milk?
- Cereal and milk is a simple to prepare breakfast – teaching kids to pour a bowl of cereal with milk helps encourage independence and healthy lifetime eating habits., depending on age and development level.
- A bowl of cereal and milk is a great option for children and adults alike. One serving of a whole grain cereal and one cup skim milk is a powerful combination of protein and grains that help recharge your body. Protein helps you rebuild, grains help you recharge!
Tips for Making a Healthy Breakfast a Regular Routine:
- As a parent or guardian, act as a role model and show good breakfast habits.
- Make breakfast time a family time to check in for the day ahead.
- Build self-reliance with kids “making” their own bowl of cereal.
- Have a cereal tasting to find the cereals most liked (teach to look for a good source of fiber, at least 3 grams, and whole grains).
- Portion out cereal for grab and go options and calorie control.