By: Jacqueline Gomes, RD, MBA
Starting your day with breakfast means a more alert brain and a more active body! After a 10 to 12 hour fast our bodies need the fuel to maintain vital functions and our brains need the fuel to think clearly. Here are three more reasons to start your day with breakfast!
- Studies show that people who eat breakfast are
more successful at losing weight and sticking to a healthful diet.
- Adults who skip breakfast are less mentally and physically efficient for longer periods of time during the day.
- It is extremely difficult to get all of your necessary daily nutrients without breakfast.
Stuck in a rut? Here are some of my breakfast favorites!
- Oatmeal with peanut butter and raisons
- Turkey Bacon, Egg & Cheese Sandwich
- Yogurt Parfait with whole grain cereal and berries
- Avocado Toast with your favorite toppings
- Smoked salmon or a hard boiled eggs & asparagus
Mini Egg Pizzas
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Makes: 1 Serving
- 1 mini naan bread/flatbread
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 grape tomatoes, sliced
- 4 sliced mushrooms
- 4 spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 Eggland’s Best egg (large)
- pinch of fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place naan bread on a baking sheet and then spread cream cheese over top.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, and parmesan but leave a space to crack the egg.
- Crack the egg into the hole and then place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake pizza for approximately 10 minutes, or until egg has set and crust is golden brown on the edges.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives, salt and pepper. Enjoy!
346 Calories: 23g Fat; 69mg Cholesterol; 460mg Sodium; 23g Carbohydrates; 12g Protein; 1g Fiber
Recipe: Eggland’s Best Eggs