Bones…we can’t see them and really can’t feel them; however they need our attention more than you may think! Keeping bones healthy starts with proper nutrition. Milk contains nine essential nutrients, making it one of the most nutrient-rich beverages you can enjoy. Drinking 8-ounces of delicious and nutritious milk can help you get one step closer to meeting your needs for Calcium, Vitamin D, protein, potassium and a whole host of other important nutrients!
Here are some stats, to put it all into prospective…
An 8-ounce Serving of Milk, provides:
- Protein: As 1 1/2 medium eggs
- Riboflavin: as 1/3 cup of whole almonds
- Vitamin D: as 3/4 ounce of cooked salmon
- Potassium: as one small banana
- Phosphorus: as 1 cup of canned kidney beans
- Calcium: as 10 cups of raw spinach
How’s that for Nutrient Power House?!
“Meal Deal” Smoothie – Makes 1 (20-ounce) Serving
- Choose milk & fruit. Select yogurt and add to blender.
- Add extras* (Optional). Put the cover on the blender.
- Pulse until smooth, pour into cups.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
|Milk – 8 oz.||Yogurt, low fat 4-oz.||Fruit – 1 cup||Extras|
Unflavored low fat or fat free milk
Flavored Fat free
Peanut or Almond butter
Ground Flax seed
- Use Frozen Fruit for better consistency
- Use yogurt for smooth, creamier consistency
- Extra ingredients add calories, limit to 1 to 2 items from the list.