We all know her…she works a full time job, gets two or three kids up in the morning for school, prepares breakfast, lunch & dinner, drives to and from school events and the list goes on and on – her name is “mom”. Let’s take care of this special woman in your life by pampering her on her special day.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Breakfast in Bed – recipe below for a mouth-watering Blueberry Pancakes.
- No time for breakfast? Dinner will work great too – roasted chicken with vegetables, pasta primavera or baked fish are easy and delicious choices.
- Take care of her chores for the day.
- Give her some much-needed quiet time.
- Spa experience, send her to her favorite spa for a massage, manicure and/or pedicure.
- Flowers – don’t go empty handed! Stop in one of our stores for a beautiful arrangement.
- Homemade gifts such as beaded bracelets, pottery or a painting are gifts the kids can have fun making for mom.
Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk, plus more if necessary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Sift together flour and baking powder, set aside. Beat together the egg, milk, salt and honey in a bowl. Stir in flour until just moistened, add blueberries, and stir to incorporate.
- Preheat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray. Pour approximately 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbly, about 1 1/2 minutes. Turn, and continue cooking until golden brown.