- 1 Lb. Pkg Fresh Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 16 Oz. Container Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
- Confectioners Sugar, to taste
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Milk
- ½ Cup Water
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, melted
Prep Time: 20 mins | Ready In: 1 hour | Servings: 8-10
- To make crepe batter, whisk together 1 cup of flour and ¼ teaspoon of salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, blend ½ cup of milk, ½ cup of water, 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Add to the flour and salt and stir until smooth. Let batter rest until ready to use.
- To make the crepes, spray a small skillet pan with cooking spray and put over medium high heat. Pour about ¼ cup of the batter into the pan, swirling and tilting to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook until edges are light brown in color, about 2 minutes. Flip the crepe and cook the other side for about 1 more minute, or until done. Stack crepes aside when ready to assemble.
- To make the strawberry sauce, add strawberries and ¾ cup of sugar to a medium saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium heat, until sugar has dissolved and the strawberries have softened. If necessary, adjust sugar amounts to sweeten to your taste. Set aside.
- To make the ricotta cheese filling, combine ricotta cheese and confectioners sugar and mix until thoroughly blended. Adjust sweetness to taste.
- To assemble the crepe, spoon 2 tablespoons of filling on the lower end of the crepe. Fold the bottom of the crepe over the filling. Fold the remaining sides over to make a little package. Repeat with the remaining crepes.
- Top the crepe with a ladle of strawberry sauce and a scoop of whipped cream and sprinkle some confectioners sugar.