- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Harissa
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 50 large pitted green olives, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup panko or plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg beaten
- oil, for frying
- fleur de sel, (optional)
Prep Time: 30 mins | Ready In: 20 min | Servings: 6
- In a bowl, mix together ricotta, cream cheese, harissa, and honey until uniform. Transfer to a pastry bag fitted with the smallest pastry tip you have. You can also use a Ziploc bag to do this, and use scissors to cut off a small piece of the corner of the bag. Pipe filling into all of the olives.
- Set up a dredging station. Mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan in one bowl. Place the flour in another and the beaten egg in between. Roll the olives in the flour and dust off any excess. Dip into the egg and then roll in the parm-breadcrumb mixture until all are coated.
- In a Dutch oven or pot, heat 3 to 4 inches of oil to 360° F. Carefully, drop olives into the oil, working in batches depending on the size of your vessel. Fry until a deep golden brown and remove to a paper towel-lined plate. If the olives are not too salty, sprinkle with a little fleur de sel.
- Let cool slightly before serving / eating.
230 Calories | 17g Total Fat | 4.5g Saturated Fat | 70mg Cholesterol | 1060mg Sodium | 75mg Potassium | 14g Carbohydrate | 1g Dietary Fiber | 4g Sugars | 7g Protein
Recipe Source: Yummly/Food Republic