With maple syrup and almond milk, this simple breakfast recipe is full of fall flavors thanks to fresh pears, pecans, and pumpkin.
- 1 Stemilt Pear, cored (sliced or diced, as preferred)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin pie mix (not canned pumpkin puree)*
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- pure maple syrup
- ground cinnamon
- Sliced or dice pears, as preferred (peel, if desired). Set aside.
- Bring water, oats and canned pumpkin pie mix to a boil, stirring intermittently, then reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for approximately 3 additional minutes, until oats are done to taste. To serve, top pumpkin oatmeal with fresh pear, a sprinkle of chopped pecans and ground cinnamon, and a drizzle of almond milk and maple syrup.
* canned pumpkin pie mix is pureed pumpkin that has been sweetened and flavored.
Per Serving: Calories 365.8 (22.9% from fat); Fat 9.3g (sat 0.4g, poly 1.3g, mono 1.8g); Protein 7.3g; Carbohydrates 68.6g; Fiber 12.5g; Sugar 23.3g; Cholesterol 68.6mg; Potassium 84.7mg; Sodium 175.2mg.