These sweet & delicious Summeripe Peach Muffins become even more delicious with our Bran & Walnut crumble topping. Serve the Summeripe Peach Muffins to the whole family for a delicious and nutritious breakfast or indulge your sweet tooth by saving them for a Summeripe fruit-filled dessert treat!
- 2 Summeripe Peaches, diced
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 12 oz. (or 1 1/4 cups) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Bran Crumb Topping
- 1 cup All-Bran cereal
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup Summeripe Peaches, diced
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl mix the yogurt and honey.
- Add Summeripe Peaches, both sugars, canola oil, vanilla and egg to the yogurt mixture, mixing until combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Combine the bran, walnuts and sugar in a food processor until coarsely ground.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Add in the diced Summeripe Peaches
- Fill the prepared muffins cups with batter and divide the crumb topping over each muffin. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs attached.Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Add in Summeripe Plums for another delicious summer time treat!