- 2 pound corned beef with spice pack included
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Warmed flour tortillas for serving
- Sliced jalapeno peppers for serving
- Thousand Island Dressing for serving
FOR THE SLAW
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- Add the corned beef to a large pot or Dutch oven along with the spice packet contents, mustard powder, cayenne pepper, garlic and seasonings.
- Add about an inch of water and cover. Bake for 2 hours at 350 degrees, or until the corned beef is nice and tender. Uncover and increase the temperature to 400 degrees and bake another 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot and cool slightly. Shred the corned beef with a fork and set aside.
- For the slaw, add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix well until nice and creamy.
- Serve the corned beef on your warmed flour tortillas, then top with the creamy cabbage slaw and drizzle with homemade thousand island dressing. Enjoy!
Makes 10-15 tacos, depending on how much meat you like to include with each taco.