- 1 pound broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano
- freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella or smoked scamorza, thinly sliced
Prep Time: 20 mins | Ready In: 1 hour 5 min | Servings: 6
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Oil a shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Add the broccoli rabe to the boiling water and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, until almost tender.
- Remove with a strainer; leave the water boiling. Let the broccoli rabe cool slightly, then chop it into bite-size pieces.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water, stir well, and cook, stirring often, until almost but not quite al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the eggs with 1/2 cup of the grated cheese, a pinch of salt, and pepper to taste. Add the pasta and toss well.
- Add the broccoli rabe and toss again.
- Pour half of the mixture into the baking dish. Place the mozzarella on top.
- Add the remaining pasta. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup grated cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the eggs are just set and the top is lightly browned.
530 Calories | 22g Total Fat | 11g Saturated Fat | 270mg Cholesterol | 810mg Sodium | 420mg Potassium | 48g Carbohydrate | 4g Dietary Fiber | 3g Sugars | 34g Protein
Recipe Source: Yummly/Food Republic