- 8 red apples (gala or rome beauty)
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 4 tablespoon chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon softened European-Style Plugrá European-Style Butter, unsalted
- 4 tablespoon European-Style Plugrá European-Style Butter, unsalted, cut into 2 pieces
- 1 cup apple cider
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Core apples. Peel about 1/3 down the apple. Stand apples up in a large ceramic or glass pie plate and make 4 evenly spaced vertical cuts starting from top of each apple and stopping halfway from bottom to keep apple intact. Brush inside and outside of peeled apple with lemon juice.
- Toss together apricots, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl. Rub softened Plugra Plugrá European-Style Butter into dried fruit mixture with your fingers until combined well. Pack center of each apple with mixture. Put a piece of remaining Plugra Plugrá European-Style Butter on top of each apple. Pour cider around apples and cover pie plate tightly with foil.
- Bake in middle of oven, basting once, until apples are just tender when pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until apples are very tender but not falling apart, 20-30 minutes more.
- Transfer to serving dishes and spoon sauce over and around apples.