Looking for a new way to celebrate summer? Why not host a seafood boil party? Despite what many believe, a seafood boil is quite simple. Requiring little prep work and only one big pot for cooking, this hands-on meal is full of flavor and fun. Plus, seafood boils are easy to customize to your taste preferences and you can find everything you need at your local Foodtown supermarket! Read on to discover how to host your own seafood boil party.
Boiled Seafood Recipes to Please Every Palate
Whether you prefer the simplicity of a basic shrimp boil or prefer to go all-out with a Lowcountry Boil of shrimp, crab, and sausage, there really is no right or wrong way to enjoy this summer staple! Choose as little or as many varieties of shellfish as you’d like, flavor the broth to your preference, and add each ingredient according to their cooking time. Use these guidelines to ensure just the right amount of ingredients for each guest and just the right preparation:
- Potatoes: ¼ to ½ pound per guest; 20 minutes cooking time
- Sausage: ¼ pound per guest; 20 minutes cooking time
- Corn: 1 ear per guest; 10 minutes cooking time
- Clams and/or Mussels: 4-5 per guest; 10 minutes cooking time
- Crab (Blue or Dungeness): 3 per guest; 10 minutes cooking time
- Crawfish and/or Shrimp: 5-6 per guest; crawfish require 10 minutes cooking time while shrimp require about 3
- Lobster: ½ lobster per guest; about 15 minutes cooking time
- Cayenne Pepper
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Hot Sauce
- Old Bay Seasoning
Host a Successful Seafood Boil with Help from Foodtown
Hosting your first seafood boil party is easy with a little help from Foodtown. Visit our seafood and meat departments for some additional insight into preparation methods and while you’re there, remember to stock up on extra sturdy napkins!