Whether celebrating Memorial Day at the beach, hosting a backyard barbecue with friends, or simply looking for some festive snacks for your kids, nobody can deny the fun of red, white, and blue snacks. As you prepare for your extended Memorial Day weekend, find everything you need for a stress-free celebration at your local Foodtown grocery store. Here are some of our favorite patriotic recipes, sure to please!
Memorial Day Recipes for Tasty Celebrations
Red, White, and Blue Chocolate Covered Cherries
Simple, festive, and serving as the perfect finger food, this recipe puts a red, white, and blue spin on the classic chocolate covered cherry.
- 1 Jar of Foodtown Brand Maraschino Cherries
- 12 Ounces of White Chocolate
- Blue and Star-Shaped Sprinkles
- Drain the jar of cherries and place them on a paper towel to rid of excess liquid. Skewer three cherries onto each toothpick and pat dry with a paper towel. Repeat until all cherries are used.
- Microwave half of the bag of candy melts in 30-second intervals, stirring between each session until smooth.
- Cover the bottom two cherries by dipping each skewer into the smooth candy melt mixture. Sprinkle the bottom cherry with blue and star-shaped sprinkles.
- Set aside on wax paper and place in the fridge to cool.
Jello Shaved Ice
Cool and refreshing, this patriot snack is perfect for sunny outdoor celebrations. Plus, all you need are three simple ingredients!
- 3 Cups Boiling Water
- 6 Cups Lemon Lime Soda
- 3 Four-Serving sizes of Jello, in your favorite red, white (or yellow), and blue flavor
- In a square cake pan, mix one boxed flavor of Jello with 1 cup of boiling water. Once the Jello dissolves, stir in 2 cups of lemon-lime soda.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Repeat steps 1-2 for each boxed flavor of Jello.
- Once ready to serve, use an ice cream scoop to scoop and shave the ice into a serving dish.
- Enjoy immediately.
Red Velvet Brownie Star Stacks
This red, white, and blue dessert is easy to make and even easier to transport, making it the perfect take-along snack to your friend’s barbecue.
- 1 Box of Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 Large Foodtown Brand Egg
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoon Foodtown Brand Canola Oil
- 1 Container Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, and egg. Spread into a greased 9×9 can pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when poked.
- Once cool, use a star-shaped cookie cutter to cut star-shaped cake bites.
- Place frosting in a makeshift piping bag using a plastic gallon bag with a small tip cut out of one corner. Make a “star sandwich” by piping frosting onto the tops of half of the stars and top with remaining stars.
- Pipe a bit more frosting into the “top” star and add about 5 blueberries to each.
- Serve on a platter and enjoy!
Patriotic Snack Mix
Make a big bowl of this one-step recipe and you’ve got a simple snack that is perfectly patriotic. You may also fill individual goodie bags for a simple and affordable Memorial Day party favor!
- 1 Cup Twizzler Bites
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Cup Yogurt Covered Raisins
- 5 Ounce Bag of Dried Mixed Berries (blueberries, cherries, and cranberries)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Red, White, and Blue Frozen Yogurt Bark
Here’s a light and refreshing Memorial Day treat that is appealing to all ages. Keep pieces of the bark in your freezer for a quick on-the-go snack or serve immediately on a platter at your upcoming holiday pool party.
- 3 Cups Fat-Free Yogurt
- ½ Cup Honey
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix yogurt and honey until combined. Use a spatula to gently fold in white chocolate chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and pour the yogurt mixture evenly over top. Smooth with your spatula and evenly sprinkle the berries on top of the yogurt.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Once firm and chilled, break into large pieces and serve immediately or store in a large plastic container.
Celebrate the Start of Summer with Help from Foodtown
Whether you’re serving a crowd or celebrating with a small gathering of friends, these patriotic-themed recipes are the perfect way to kick-off Memorial Day Weekend. Shop everything you need to make these red, white, and blue snacks at your local Foodtown grocery store.
Locate a Foodtown supermarket near you to begin planning your Memorial Day event easily and affordably. Plus, browse our Weekly Circular and download our digital coupons app to take advantage of the many ways you can save on the ingredients you’ll need for these recipes.