The temperatures are rising, flowers are beginning to blossom, and the sun is beginning to brighten up. In addition to a closet refresh, spring cleaning is a common seasonal task that many households take on. Winter’s snow and ice may have left your floors scuffed and your windows dull and streaked, but that doesn’t mean you have to spend an entire day—or paycheck—revitalizing your home. Stock up on frugal cleaning supplies that get the job done at Foodtown.
Affordable Products for Every Kind of Cleaner
From heavy-duty supplies to all-natural ingredients to affordable organic cleaning products, Foodtown shoppers have access to low-priced products that suit every home.
Heavy-Duty Cleaning for Family-Friendly Budgets
It goes without saying that some surfaces will require a little extra elbow grease when it comes to cleaning. Add these heavy-duty cleaning products to your shopping list, roll up your sleeves, and you’ll be on your way to a spring-ready home in no time at all:
- Carpet Stain Remover: From hosting seasonal soirees to trekking in snow and mud, your carpets probably took a beating this winter. This is one cleaning supply where quality matters. To spread your dollar even further, opt for a carpet cleaner that also serves as an upholstery cleaner.
- Bleach: Cut the cost of expensive surface cleaners by relying on this tried-and-true affordable product. Bleach can be used to de-sanitize almost any non-porous surface, as well as to remove mold and mildew in the bathroom.
- Dish Detergent: This multi-purpose cleaner is a staple for dishes and utensils, but did you know it can serve as a heavy-duty cleaner for other household items? Scrub items like toys, glass décor, and your toothbrush holder with dish soap for glistening and germ-free results.
Homemade Cleaning Product Recipes for the DIY Home
One way to keep costs low during this year’s spring cleaning is to rely on all-natural and DIY cleansers made from common and affordable products. Utilize our favorite DIY recipes for affordable and effective cleaning solutions. Chances are you already have some of these supplies in your pantry!
All-Natural Air Freshener
- Essential Oil (peppermint and lavender promote a sense of relaxation, while orange and rosemary are naturally energizing scents)
- Fill a spray bottle with water and dilute 3-4 drops of your preferred essential oil.
- Spray around the room for all-natural air-freshening.
Wood Furniture Polish
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Vinegar
- Combine olive oil and vinegar into a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution onto a soft cloth and wipe against the grain of the wood.
- Buff until polished.
Streak-Free Window Cleaner
- ¼ Cup White Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Rubbing Alcohol
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 Cups Warm Water
- Combine all ingredients in a spray bottle.
- Shake well before each use and use as you would a normal window cleaner.
Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products for a Greener Home
For those looking to maintain their environmentally friendly lifestyle, Foodtown offers a selection of affordable and eco-friendly cleaning supplies from Green Way. The Green Way brand takes a fresh approach to the eco-friendly industry, offering a selection of household products at surprisingly low prices. When it comes to their line of cleaning supplies, Green Way offers products that cater to nearly every corner of your home:
- Laundry Detergents
- Dish Soap
- Tub & Tile Cleaners
- Window Cleaners
- Fabric Softeners
Shop Affordable Cleaning Products at Foodtown
With the right cleaning supplies under your sink (or in your pantry!), you’ll have more time and money to enjoy the upcoming spring season. Stock up on these frugal cleaning supplies, products, and ingredients during your next visit to Foodtown and get your home spring-ready in no time at all.