By: Jacqueline Gomes, MBA, RDN
We all know a super mom…she’s busy getting kids ready for school, she may even be home schooling, preparing breakfast, lunches & dinner, driving to and from school events and the list goes on!
Let’s take care of this special woman in your life by pampering her on her special day. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Breakfast kick starts your day with a dose of fuel to keep you going all day long.
- Eggs provide protein, nutrients and flavor for a great breakfast.
- No time for breakfast? Dinner will work great too – roasted chicken with vegetables, pasta primavera or baked fish are easy and delicious choices.
- Take care of her chores for the day and give her some much-needed quiet time.
- Don’t go empty handed! Stop in one of our stores for a beautiful flower arrangement.
This delicious herby egg salad is a cinch to prepare but is full of fresh flavors from herbs and healthy eggs.
Herby Egg Salad
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 Minutes
Makes: 2 Servings
- 4 slices of bread (preferably sourdough or French bread, but feel free to choose your own!)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 Eggland’s Best Eggs, large
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tbsp white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped celery
- 1 tbsp chopped red onion
- 2-3 tbsp fresh herbs, chopped (I used basil, dill and chives)
- Add your butter to a pan over medium heat. Once the butter melts and starts bubbling, add your bread to the pan. Toast the bread for a couple minutes on each side or until it is golden brown and nice and crispy. Do not turn the heat up too high or your butter will burn.
- Fill a medium sized pot with water and bring to a boil. Gently lower your eggs into the water and boil them for 8 minutes. Once the 8 minutes are up, remove the eggs from the heat and pour the water off of the eggs. Let them sit in the pot for about 5 minutes
- In a small bowl, mix the mayo, Dijon mustard, honey, white vinegar, and salt and pepper. Then stir in the celery and red onion. Stir in half of the fresh herbs. Use the other half to top your toast.
- To assemble your toast, chop the eggs and then put them on the toast. Then drizzle the mayo mixture onto to the toast, followed by the fresh herbs. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information (2 Toasts): 245 Calories; 10g carbohydrate; 13g protein; 15.5g fat; 322mg sodium; 1g fiber
Recipe by: Eggland’s Best Eggs
Image by: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN