By: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA
Summer activities call for delicious beverages the whole family can enjoy. Stay hydrated and energized with refreshing mocktails! Alcoholic beverages can contribute to dehydration, especially is the warmer months. It’s best to look to beverages to help hydrate, including herbal teas, flavored waters and juice.
- Use a variety of ingredients such as fresh fruit, juice and no-calorie beverages to keep it light.
- Refreshing Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice is a delicious way to get your daily dose of vitamin C and unique cranberry health benefits. It’s good for you and your immune system.
- Fun Tip: Freeze fruit ahead of time to act as ice cubes!
Cranberry Lime Mint Spritzer
Prep: 5 minutes
Makes: 1 Serving
- 3 springs fresh mint
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 8 ounces Ocean Spray Cranberry juice
- 4 ounces sparkling water
- Sliced lime (garnish)
- Frozen cranberries (optional)
- Remove mint leaves from 2 stems; place in bottom of tall glass. Add lime juice.
- Crush the mint leaves against the side and bottom of the container with the handle of a wooden spoon. Add frozen cranberries or ice.
- Pour in Juice and sparkling water. Garnish with sliced lime and extra mint sprig, if desired.
Nutrition Information: 120 calories; 32g carbohydrate; 0g fat; 0g protein; 6mg sodium, 1g fiber
Recipe: Ocean Spray®
Photo: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN