We’ve all been guilty of the on-again, off-again commitment to an exercise program… Though our body has a way of telling us when it needs a tune-up, fitness experts say it’s much easier to stick to when its part of your daily routine. Just a 30-minute program five times a week (or a 60-minute workout at least three times a week) is enough to improve your overall health and well-being. A high level of fitness leads to increased stamina which means you’ll have more energy to do the things you love like dancing, playing with your kids, or giving it your all to your career. So stick with it, you can do it!
Remember that staying physically active is a major factor in disease prevention! Exercise also works to build strength, enhance endurance and improve balance.
- Set small, measurable goals.
- Schedule an exercise time that works for you.
- Be consistent.
- Exercise with a friend.
- Tune into your favorite music while exercising to stay motivated!
For your own safety, always be sure to stretch and include a light warm-up and cool-down period before and after your exercise. Eat a high-protein and nutritious snack afterwards for muscle growth and tissue repair!
Peanut Butter Protein Balls
1. Stir all ingredients together in a medium bow until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
2. Once chilled, roll into 2-inch balls. Refrigerate and enjoy!