We’ve all been guilty of the on-again, off-again commitment to an exercise program… Though our body has a way of telling us when it needs a tune-up, fitness experts say it’s much easier to stick to a plan when it’s part of your daily routine.
Just a 30-minute program five times a week (or a 60-minute workout at least three times a week) is enough to improve your overall health and well-being.
Remember that staying physically active is a major factor in disease prevention! Exercise also works to build strength, enhance endurance, and improve balance.
- Set small, measurable goals.
- Schedule an exercise time that works for you.
- Be consistent.
- Exercise with a friend.
- Tune into your favorite music while exercising to stay motivated!
For your own safety, always be sure to stretch and include a light warm-up and cool-down period before and after your exercise. Eat a high-protein and nutritious snack afterwards for muscle growth and tissue repair!
Banana-Cocoa Soy Smoothie
With plenty of protein from both tofu and soymilk, this banana-split-inspired breakfast smoothie will keep you satisfied until lunchtime.
1 serving | Active Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour (includes freezing time)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1/2 cup soymilk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Slice banana and freeze until firm.
- Blend tofu, soymilk, cocoa and honey in a blender until smooth. With the motor running, add the banana slices through the hole in the lid and continue to puree until smooth.
Per serving : 340 Calories; 8 g Fat; 1 g Sat; 1 g Mono; 0 mg Cholesterol; 60 g Carbohydrates; 17 g Protein; 10 g Fiber; 121 mg Sodium; 749 mg Potassium