Smart shoppers know that eating healthy is fun and tasty! Get creative in the kitchen by combining some of your favorite treats for an anytime snack. Choosing the right snacks can help build your nutrition while serving as opportunity to enjoy something delicious. For many people spring is a season of renewal! Here are some tasty snack ideas to get you invigorated for spring:
12 Smart Snack Ideas:
- Baby carrots with hummus or guacamole
- Low fat Greek yogurt topped with walnuts & drizzle of honey
- Banana and peanut butter
- Rice cake topped with hard boiled egg & teaspoon of mayo
- Spicy almonds
- 1/2 pear with slice of cheese & 3-4 whole grain crackers
- Asparagus spears wrapped with low sodium ham
- 1/2 bagel topped with low-fat ricotta and sliced strawberries
- Veggie Wrap: Roasted vegetables and low fat cheese
- Crunchy veggies instead of chips with your favorite low-fat salad dressing for dipping
- Keep cut vegetables handy for mid-afternoon snacks, side dishes, lunch box addition or a quick nibble while waiting for dinner. Ready-to-eat favorites: red, green or yellow peppers, broccoli or cauliflower florets, carrots, celery sticks, cucumbers, snap peas or whole radishes.
- Dessert Tip! Slice a banana lengthwise and top with a scoop of low-fat frozen yogurt. Sprinkle with a tablespoon of chopped nuts.
Peanut Butter-Coconut Snack Cookie (no bake!)
Prep: 10 Minutes
- 8 whole-wheat graham cracker squares, finely ground
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened coconut
- Combine ground graham crackers, raisins, peanut butter and honey in a small bowl.
- Pat into 8 cookies and press lightly in coconut.