Ongoing research has shown that following a healthy lifestyle that includes eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains and regular exercise can help reduce your risk for developing cancer and many other chronic diseases. Follow these preventative measures daily:
- Limit your intake of saturated fats. Choose healthy fats, like fish, nuts and olive oil
- Fill up on fiber. Fruits, vegetables and whole grains, to be exact!
- Watch your alcohol intake. A glass of red wine or beer occasionally is okay.
- Exercise. At least 30 minutes, five times a week.
- If you are at or above the age of 40, be sure to have a mammogram one time per year and breast self-exam monthly. Prevention is the best medicine!