By: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA
Its spring – the season to enjoy the great outdoors and celebrate special occasions, like Easter and Passover! Celebrate holiday festivities with a focus on healthy foods to support your long-term goals.
For many, Easter can feel like a time of renewal as we shift to the warmer months and brighter days. Use this season to incorporate a bounty of fresh fruits and vegetables along with nutrient dense foods like fiber rich grains and leaner proteins.
- Frozen vegetables like Green Giant Simply Steam, can help you create quick and healthy meals in minutes!
- Choose quick and easy proteins like shrimp, chicken or tofu to create delicious and satisfying meals.
- Enjoy something sweet – Greenway Organic Frozen Fruit can elevate just about any dessert!
Quick, easy and budget friendly meals can only help support your health and wellness goals.
This super easy and healthy pasta salad uses only 4 ingredients! Frozen vegetables are economical and just as nutritious as fresh; a convenient way to get more vegetables into your diet.
Veggie-Shrimp Pasta Salad
Prep: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 (1.75 cup) servings
- 8 ounces Ronzoni pasta (rigatoni, penne, elbows, rotini)
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined (~16-20 count)
- 1 bag Green Giant Simply Steam Green Beans & Almonds*, defrosted
- 1 Tbsp store bought prepared pesto
- Salt & pepper
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and add to pan, cook 2 to 3 minutes per size or until cooked through.
- Assemble salad: Add pasta, shrimp, vegetables and pesto to a large bowl. Toss gently to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Enjoy!
Note: *Use any vegetable variety you enjoy most.
Nutrition information: 340 Calories; 46g carbohydrate; 6g fat; 23g protein; 3g fiber