Parents are truly special people, no matter your age you always feel special around your parents and we want them to live a long and healthy life.
Encourage the special man in your life to eat a balanced diet rich in lean protein, vegetables, fruits and whole grains. Don’t forget the annual doctor’s visit to make sure he’s in tip-top shape!
These simple and healthy grilling tips will have you headed the right way to a fun Father’s Day Feast!
Let’s get warmed up…
- Use a glass dish or plastic bag to marinate meats, fish, poultry or veggies.
- Beef and pork can be marinated overnight; chicken for several hours. Fish only requires 20 to 30 minutes.
- Grill it all…meats, fish, vegetables and fruit like pineapple, peaches and figs!
- Meat should be fresh or completely thawed before cooking for proper flavor and even cooking.
- Cover your entire grill area with aluminum foil for easier clean up and to protect your grill.
Easy to Eat Well Tip:
About 36 percent of foodborne illness in the home results from “cross-contamination”. That means contaminated cutting boards, counters or utensils are not properly disinfected or sanitized before preparing foods eaten raw, such as fruits and vegetables.
- Keep raw foods separate from ready-to-eat foods.
- Wipe down surfaces with a disinfectant and wash hand with soap and water often
- Using a meat thermometer, make sure ground meats reach at least 160°F and poultry reaches 165°F.
- Do not leave food outside in hot weather for more than one to two hours for the best food safety.
Rosemary-Orange Grilled Chicken & Veggies
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium red, green and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch squares
- 1 medium yellow squash, cubed
- 30 sprays I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spray Original, divided**
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- Spray chicken and vegetables with 15 sprays I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spray Original, then toss with rosemary and orange peel.
- Alternately thread chicken and vegetables on skewers**.
- Grill or broil chicken and vegetables, turning once, 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are just tender.
- Arrange chicken and vegetables on serving platter. Spray with remaining 15 Sprays, then drizzle with orange juice.
*May substitute drizzle of olive oil, nutrition facts fat and calorie counts will be different.
**If using wooden skewers, soak in water at least 30 minutes prior to use.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories 170, Calories From Fat 30, Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 3.5g, Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 9g, Sugars 5g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 26g, Vitamin A 40%, Vitamin C 150%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%
Recipe courtesy of Unilever USA