By: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA
Summer is a great time to enjoy the bounty of summer fruits it brings. Fresh fruits provide a sweet boost of satisfying energy any time of day. Whether you enjoy fruit at meal times or snack time, it’s always refreshing and delicious!
- Summer fruits include peaches, watermelon, berries, cantaloupe and so much more!
- Peaches can be grilled, sautéed, baked or enjoyed fresh.
- Peaches are high in fiber and contain beneficial antioxidants, which can help protect your body from aging and disease.
Ease into your day with a satisfying breakfast that includes fresh fruits like these overnight oats. You have the option to stir in the fresh peaches in the evening before chilling or just before you enjoying your oats! This grab and go breakfast contains an excellent source of protein that will keep you satisfied for hours!
Peaches & Cream Overnight Oats
Active Prep: 5 minutes
Makes: 1 Serving
- 1 Peach, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1-ounce skim milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup quick oats
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Using a 10-ounce jar or bowl, combine oats, yogurt, milk, chia seeds, cinnamon.
- Stir in chopped peach. Place in refrigerator overnight.
Nutrition: 272 Calories; 40g carbohydrate; 19g protein; 6g Fat; 9g Fiber
Recipe: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA