By: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA
It’s normal to feel sluggish when times are tough. However, even in challenging times, it is important to care for our health and choose foods we feel good about.
- Eat for Energy: Eggs provide an excellent source of protein and anti-inflammatory antioxidants. Greenway organic eggs provide 8 essential nutrients to support good health.
- Drink water: If your body is short on fluids, one of the first signs is a feeling of fatigue.
- Control Stress: Talking with a friend or relative, joining a support group, or seeing a psychotherapist can all help diffuse stress.
Meal prep tip: Keep grains like quinoa, rice & pasta prepped in the fridge for quick and easy meals. In addition, canned beans and prepped vegetables make rounding out your meals with a good source of fiber and nutrients a cinch!
Quinoa bowl with Chickpeas & Egg
Prep: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 Servings
- 1 cup cooked Red Quinoa
- 1 cup chickpeas
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Greenway Organic Eggs
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl (quinoa to salt & pepper) toss well. Chill for 20-30 minutes if desired (not necessary).
- Prepare egg pan fried, hard boiled or soft boiled. Serve one egg over 2 cups prepared salad. Reserve retaining portion for another meal!
Nutrition Information: 2 cups quinoa salad and one large egg.
336 calories; 48g carbohydrate; 17g protein; 9g fat; 509mg sodium; 10g fiber
Recipe by: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN