By: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA
April 26th, 2019
There has been a lot of talk about the benefits of coconut oil in recent years. If you’re unsure what to do with it but really want to give it a try, here are a few tips on best uses for a pure coconut oil like Dr. Bronners’ Organic Virgin coconut oil which is also Fair Trade Certified…
Whole Kernel Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is expeller-pressed from fresh, carefully dried coconut kernels whose brown inner skins have been left on, resulting in a more aromatic, nuttier-tasting oil. Versatile and delicious, Whole Kernel Coconut Oil can be used for stir-frying, sauces, baking and body care.
Loved for body care uses, such as moisturizing hair and skin you can use coconut oil as part of your daily beauty routine!
Curried Carrot Soup
Makes: 7 cups
- 2 tablespoons Dr. Bronner’s Coconut Oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- Warm the Dr. Bronner’s Coconut Oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat.
- Add the curry paste, stirring to coat the vegetables, then add the broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, partially cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and remove from heat.
- Use an immersion blender or countertop blender to puree the soup until completely smooth. Serve warm with crusty whole grain bread!
Recipe Source: Dr. Bronner’s and Julie Morris